Hydro hopes to restore power to 80 percent of client by morning
Two thunderstorms knocked power out for thousands of clients in Southwestern Quebec Monday evening.
Hydro reports 79,000 were in the dark at 7 p.m.; at 10 p.m., 57,400 were without electricity in the province.
Hydro officials said it hopes to have 80 percent of power restored by morning. The other 20 percent by noon on Tuesday.
The crown corporation has even called crews back to work to restore electricity as quickly as possible.
At 11 p.m., 18,400 client were without power on the Montreal island.
The situation was quite bad off island as well (updated at 12:00 a.m.):
Eastern Townships: 4,650
The crown corporation said it can't give any estimations when power will be restored. But it did say it's working as quickly aspossible.