Richard Henry Bain's allegation of mistreatment rejected: lawyer
The lawyer for alleged Metropolis shooter, Richard Henry Bain, has told CJAD 800 that her client's allegation of abuse by prison guards has been rejected by the Public Security Ministry.
Elfriede Duclervil said Bain's allegation that he was roughed-up during transport to the Montreal courthouse was rejected after a two day investigation.
"They found no evidence of foul play," Duclervil said. "Also, no evidence that anyone wanted to do anything wrong to Mr. Bain, my client."
Duclervil said she isn't satisfied with the investigation and planned to demand cameras film Bain's next trip to court.
Bain had obvious bloody marks on his forehead during a court appearance on October 10th. He was overheard telling his lawyer that he had been pushed by guards.
Officials with the Public Security Ministry said they would not comment until Thursday morning.
Meanwhile Bain has made a second phone call, from prison, to the Astral Montreal newsroom in an attempt to express his political views. The radio station decided not to share any of the audio from the phone call or any details.
Duclervil said she has suggested her client respect his right to silence.
"I've always given him his rights," she said. "He is aware of his rights, and I would prefer he exercise his rights."
Bain is accused of premeditated murder, attempted murder and arson. His next court date is scheduled for December 7th, 2012.
Listen to the report by clicking the play button to the right.