Amber Alert cancelled in BC; three-year-old boy safe

Posted By: Canadian Press · 11/16/2012 11:25:00 AM

SPARWOOD, B.C. - Three-year-old Alvin Barnett has been found safe, and the Amber Alert for the B.C. boy who had been missing since Thursday afternoon has been cancelled.

RCMP cancelled the alert this morning, and officials in Montana have confirmed the child is safe.

Montana's Amber Alert co-ordinator, Jennifer Viets, says 39-year-old Robert Barnett is in custody in the community of Whitefish, Montana.

The alert was issued Thursday shortly after Barnett and his son vanished during a supervised visit in southeastern B.C. Border officials said a car carrying the two had crossed into Montana and an alert issued in that state was expanded across the United States overnight.

Viets could not say what led officials to Whitefish but she said more information would be released shortly.

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here. You DO NOT need to be a member to comment.

News

You are seeing the 2 most recent blog posts.

Most Popular

News Videos

Note about comments: Comments will not appear immediately after posting. Comments containing links or vulgar language and comments that are racist, sexist or offensive will not be approved.