Geoff Molson apologizes to Habs fans

Posted By: Richard Deschamps · 1/7/2013 5:43:00 PM

Montreal Canadiens owner Geoff Molson thanked fans, and promised to compensate them for their patience during the NHL lockout, and for the lost part of the season.

At a news conference at the Habs' practice facility in Brossard Monday afternoon, he says he isn't sure what form that will take.

"We certainly have an enormous appreciation for our fans," Molson said. "This game is part of the culture of this city and this province, and our fans did not get to see our team play for four straight months, and that's a lot."

Molson was flanked by his general manager Marc Bergevin and his coach Michel Therrien, who all answered questions about the Habs' upcoming season, which will most likely be a 48-game season that'll start on Jan. 19.

One of Bergevin's main orders of business is getting rising star defenseman P.K. Subban signed before training camp begins this coming Saturday.

And as for underperforming forward Scott Gomez, Bergevin said he will be part of this year's team, adding there were many reasons for the Habs' 15th place finish in the Eastern Conference last year.

And as for Alex Galchenyuk, the Habs' first-round pick in last year's draft, he will be invited to camp, though neither Bergevin nor Therrien would tip their hands as to whether he would be part of the team when the season starts. Galchenyuk starred for the gold-medal winning U.S. team at the recent world junior hockey championships in Russia.

Photo: Olivier Pontbriand (La Presse)

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here. You DO NOT need to be a member to comment.

News

You are seeing the 2 most recent blog posts.

Most Popular

News Videos

Note about comments: Comments will not appear immediately after posting. Comments containing links or vulgar language and comments that are racist, sexist or offensive will not be approved.