Fire in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve
A fire broke out in a 6 unit condo building on the corner of Préfontaine and Adam streets in Hochelaga-Maisonneuve at around 4 AM Wednesday.
It was a kitchen fire in one of the apartments that started the blaze. That apartment was completely destroyed and another was severely damaged.
No one was injured but approximately 30 people had to be evacuated.
“People were very distraught,” John Johnson, who manages the building told CJAD. “They lost everything in the apartment and it was one of the girls birthday, so you can imagine how they feel... But they did find their cats.”
It was a woman and her three children that lived in the apartment.
Sun Youth, who is taking care of the victims, said it would do something special to cheer up the birthday girl.