LISTEN: Marcel Côté says he'll bounce back
Marcel Côté admits last week's robocalls blunder seems to have cost him a lot of votes.
Côté was the second of the four main mayoralty candidates to visit CJAD's Andrew Carter morning show Wednesday morning, and he had a strong set of number to back him up.
A new CROP survey done for Radio-Canada shows Côté dead last among the four, with 11 per cent support.
Denis Coderre remains the man to beat, with 41 per cent support. Mélanie Joly has vaulted into second place with 24 per cent, just ahead of Richard Bergeron with 21 per cent.
Côté told Andrew Carter about everything from the illegal robocalls, to his first job working in a gold mine in northern Quebec.
He says the reversal of momentum stemming from the robocalls isn't bothering him, and that he will bounce back.
"I suffered from that in the poll, but I will rebound," Côté says, "because this is a 15-minute moment, and it won't last."
Côté says his biggest discovery through the campaign has been the management mess at city hall — which he says he's committed to improving.
"Let me give you two examples of the mess at city hall," Côté says. "There's been 11 directors-general in 12 years. It's a revolving door.
"And number two, the agenda for a council meeting, the one in August was 50 pages long...and people think it's normal."
On Thursday morning, Mélanie Joly will visit CJAD at 7:10. On Friday, it's Denis Coderre's turn, also at 7:10.
Photo: La Presse