Is there relief for Menopause?
There were many requests for more information following Ric and Suzanne's chat with women's heath expert Lorna Vanderhaeghe, author of "A Smart Woman's Guide to Hormones." More is available on her website. Please note that she sells nutritional suppliments under her own brand; please do your homework and talk with your doctor before treating the symptoms of menopause.
Here is some basic information on Menopause that Lorna provided to us:
* Mental - how hormone havoc affects women mentally (ie brain fog, low mood, irritable)
* Physical - (weight gain, belly fat, tired, low energy, insomnia, night sweats)
* Emotional - (sensitive, cry easily, sudden change in emotions)
* Environmental (environmental toxins, household products etc)
* Nutritional (alcohol, caffeine, sugar and more)
* Lifestyle (exercise, stress levels, work load)
* Higher work load and stress contribute to hormone havoc. 72% of mothers work outside of the home (a 20% increase from the 70s & 80s). Yet the same work has to be done at home