Fire officials are warning holiday revellers to keep their natural Christmas trees well watered.
This after four people attending a reveillon suffered burns when a tree went up in flames Christmas eve in Mercier-Hochelaga-Maisonneuve.
The incident occurred shortly after 8pm in the basement of a condo on Bossuet Street in Mercier -Hochelaga -Maisonneuve. The tree had been placed too close to the lit fireplace.
A 36 year old man was burned on 30 % of his body while another 25 year old suffered serious burns to his face and hands. A 32 year old man also had burns to his face and hands. A woman aged 55 was treated for burns to the face and feet.
Damages to the basement are estimated at $60,000.