Guard at L'Isle-Verte seniors' home says smoking probably started fire

Says he's 95 per sure that's what started it

A guard at the seniors' home engulfed by flames this week says the fire may well have started in a resident's room, that he's 95 per sure that's how it began.

Bruno Belanger spoke to the TVA network, talking about his emotions at the time of the fire.

He says a resident on the second floor wanted to smoke outside, since residents can't smoke inside their room, but told him to go to bed.

Belanger adds the alarm company later notified him that there was a fire in the building.

He says we react quickly, that we really don't have to react.

He says he told the company he need help quickly.

Says Belanger, I did what I could to help.

 

Photo credit: ctvnews.ca

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here. You DO NOT need to be a member to comment.

News Videos

Latest News