Quebec provincial police say they are not ruling out anything — including a criminal cause — in their investigation of a fire at a seniors' home in L'Isle-Verte on Jan. 23.
Lt. Guy Lapointe has confirmed that 28 people died when fire roared through the Residence du Havre and four remain missing.
He also says that recovery operations in the rubble of the facility are now over.
Genevieve Guilbault, a spokeswoman for the Quebec coroner's office, says efforts will also continue to identify the remains that have been recovered.
She says the provincial crime laboratory will be aiding in the analysis of the remains.
So far, a total of 17 people have been identified.