Coderre wants part of Ville-Marie Expressway covered by 2017

Richard Bergeron to be in charge of the project

SOCIETE DU HAVRE DE MONTREAL

The city of Montreal is going ahead with long-talked about plans to cover the eastern section of the Ville Marie Expressway, from St. Urbain St. to Sanguinet St.

Mayor Denis Coderre says he wants the work completed in time for Montreal's 375th anniversary celebrations in 2017.

The mayor announced that one of his main opponents, outgoing Projet Montreal leader Richard Bergeron, will spearhead the project.

Bergeron had proposed covering the expressway during the election campaign last year.

Leave a comment:

showing all comments · Subscribe to comments
  1. George73 posted on 02/21/2014 03:40 PM
    For the love of God why? to make it more aesthetically pleasing? Lets forget about the anniversary that no one other than the politicos care about and spend the money in ensuring that no one gets killed again by falling infrastrure while the province can continue to escape responsibility under the guise of non-fault for car-related "incidents".
showing all comments

Share this article:

News Videos

Latest News

  • Gerald Tremblay: my conscience is clear

    Former mayor Gerald Tremblay says even though Montrealers may be asking what he knew and when about corruption at City Hall, his conscience is clear. Read More
  • Scots decide whether to declare independence

    The fate of the United Kingdom was at stake Thursday as Scotland began voting in a referendum on becoming an independent state, deciding whether to unravel a marriage that helped build an empire but has increasingly been felt by many Scots as stifling and one-sided. Read More