Peel Regional Police say carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in the deaths of three adults in Brampton, Ont.
Police have identified the victims as a 60-year old man, his 59-year old wife and their 36 year old son.
Two other men who were in the home (on Linden Crescent, near Dixie Road and Queen Street) were rushed to hospital, but their injuries are reported be non-life threatening.
Police told CP24 the furnace at the home broke down Sunday and the residents had been using portable propane heaters to stay warm during the bitterly cold weekend.
The victims were found unconscious by a sixth person who lived at the house when he returned home just before two o'clock this morning. Police said a carbon monoxide alarm was sounding.
The identities of the victims have not yet been released.