Boil water advisory for Ile Perrot residents

Residents in Ile Perrot, off the western tip of the island, are being warned about a boil water advisory in effect for the area stretching between 22nd Avenue and Notre Dame d'Ile Perrot.

The cause is not known but there are unconfirmed reports that traces of E. coli were detected in the aqueduct system.

1. Alison posted on 04/09/2014 11:58 PM
    Why weren't the residents notified ? How long has the water ptbreal been going on? I've been drinking the water all day
  2. sarah posted on 04/10/2014 08:53 AM
    the water has been contaminated since the 7 of april i just got the information paper last night at 8 pm on 23 rd avenue saying the water HAS fecal coliforms and escheria coli present in the specimines taken i do not understand why it has taken them so long to send out the notice !!!
  3. sean posted on 04/10/2014 11:29 AM
    Called NDIP water treatment...our water is okay
  4. Phil posted on 04/10/2014 11:53 AM
    There was a notice taped to my front door last night. I live just off Don.Q. and noticed it at about 11:00PM. It mentioned the issue was found recently. I believe on the 7th, or maybe the 9th, I'd have to check again. Either way, I suggest to check out his website for what to do to protect yourself. Especially if within two days, you start to feel ill. Good luck.

Also:
  5. Jamie posted on 04/10/2014 12:04 PM
    Is this including NDIP? Or are we not affected?
  6. Fred posted on 04/10/2014 12:58 PM
    nothing on the town website either!!!!
  7. Taby posted on 04/10/2014 02:49 PM
    I am right at the limits of NDIP, by one street, both my daughters drank the water this morning, and one is now coming home as she is starting to have hot flashes and severe stomach cramps....ecoli usually takes 3-4 days to show but can take as less than one day in certain individuals....we never got an advisory and the city was left a message to ask what filtration system we are on, but no one has called us back...
  8. Alexis posted on 04/10/2014 04:03 PM
    I agree, we should've been notified.
  9. David posted on 04/10/2014 10:41 PM
    We live on Boul Perrot just before 34th ave. We received NO NOTICE at all. Nothing on our door and no warning siren....nothing. I only saw the notice THIS MORNING at 08:00 at the city hall as I was driving to work. We used the water this morning and last night.

This is totally irresponsible of the City of Ile-Perrot. Many people may become ill due to their negligence. People who are already suffering from illness may be severely hurt. This city should be sued.
  10. Ile perrot resident posted on 04/11/2014 04:28 AM
    I live before 22 ave, near the 20. I was told that the water in my area is safe. I still won't take a chance, I've been boiling my water for my dog. I hardly ever drink tap water, but I do sometimes. I was told that the town was aware of the situation since April 7!! This is totally unacceptable for the women and children that live in this neighborhood. Ile Perrot is one of the best places to live in Quecbec, but today the leaders in the community have let us down!

I hope they rectify the situation as soon as possible.

I also hope no one gets sick, from our children to or animals! We deserve better than this!
  11. Dave posted on 04/11/2014 10:48 AM
    I was advised 2 days after on Wednesday night at 9:30 pm by the fire department
    going door to door. This is unacceptable and a serious health risk. Nothing on the website, nothing at city hall for days.

The Mayor should step down, could have been another Walkerton, 7 dead 2500 ill
    from E Coli.
  12. Ttf posted on 04/11/2014 05:16 PM
    I live right on the limits of ndip and ip and am feeling similar symptoms like the poster s daughter below. Today is Friday and I just learned of this. I've been drinking the tap water through a brita jug every day and in my coffee. Very disconcerning not knowing if I'm sick with just a typical flu bug or if it's because of the water I drank. There was no sign, no visit and no warning. I happen to just hear about it the water ban. For a city that has been so accommodating in their public works, they sure did fall asleep at the switch on this one. Everything's going in the trash now, brita jug included. Where the heck is Erin brokavich when you need her?