With Passover approaching MADA community center, Quebec’s only kosher soup kitchen, is preparing thousands of meals for ten community seders across the city.
Over 500 volunteers have been working hard to prepare over 3500 Passover meals for those who are alone or without means.
“We encourage people to come and get the sense of family, community, companionship and to experience the ceremony of the seder,” Miriam Sebbag, MADA organiser said.
There is no charge to attend Passover seders on Monday April 14 and Tuesday April 15 at 7:30PM but MADA asks that you reserve your spot because the locations can fill up. You can reserve here or by calling 514-342-4969.
This year’s Passover seders will be held at the following locations:
- MADA Headquarters, 6700 Côte des Neiges
- Federation CJA, Gelber Centre, 2 Carré, Cummings Square
- Salomon Residence, 5900 Décarie
- Chabad of N.D.G., 4020 Hingston Ave
- Chabad of Montreal West, 5499 Robert Burns
- Chabad Mile-End, 5704 Rue Waverly
- Beth Israel Beth Aaron Congregation, 6800 Mackle
- The Chevra, 5237 Clanranald
- Beth Ora Congregation, 2600 Badeaux
- Chabad of Kirkland, 4491 Blvd. Saint-Charles
To donate or volunteer visit www.madacenter.com.