Kitchen fire causes major damage in NDG apartment building

File Photo

The Montreal fire department reponded to a kitchen fire Wednesday monrning in NDG on Earnscliffe near Snowdon.

It sparked in a deep-fryer around 12:30 a.m. in a second floor apartment.

Three residents were evacuated and firefighters got the blaze under control within an hours, according to a fire department spokesman.

While the fire was contained quickly, officials estimate the damage at around $50,000.

There were no working smoke detectors in the building. 

Leave a comment:

· Subscribe to comments
Be the first to comment here. You DO NOT need to be a member to comment.

Share this article:

News Videos


Latest News

  • Driver pulled from Chambly canal

    A minivan was pulled from the Chambly canal last night by St. Jean sur Richelieu police. The man had been driving in a wooded area along Sainte-Therese road on Ile Sainte-Therese when he lost control of his vehicle. Read More
  • Buddhist temple in Cote des Neiges seeking expansion

    The monks of the Quan Am Buddhist temple have been locked in a battle with the city of Montreal over the past decade concerning the expansion of their congregation in Cote des Neiges, despite having the land to do so. Read More