A short-lived evacuation Monday at the Royal Victoria hospital.
The hospital says that at around 11:15 a.m., an employee noticed smoke in the lab area. Firefighters requested a preventive evacuation because of chemicals in the area.
The MUHC says its emergency measures plan was initiated and all went smoothly.
Hospital officials say the smoke came from a minor piece of lab equipment that had overheated.
No patients needed to be moved and no one was injured.
Firefighters gave the all-clear about 90 minutes after the first call to 911.