Woman traumatized by Just for Laughs gag

A senior in South Shore Beloeil is considering a lawsuit against the producers of the Just for Laughs gags show.

She was pranked by the show at a shopping centre.

The 83-year old was approached by a man who asked her to watch his kids while he tried out a trampoline before deciding whether to buy it. He appeared to have a baby in a chest carrier and as he bounced on the trampoline, the baby - actually a doll - flew out and landed on the pavement.

The woman says she was severely traumatized by the sight and sound of what she thought was a baby hitting the ground and felt a wave of guilt because she agreed to help the man.

1. Critical Skin posted on 08/01/2014 09:08 AM
    I'm surprised this sort of thing didn't happen years ago. I hope she sues and wins.
  2. Juge posted on 08/01/2014 12:54 PM
    Practical jokes can be funny if they do nothing more than just embarrass someone, but doing something really stupid that would attempt to fool someone into thinking a baby was actually and seriously harmed is going WAY overboard. Doing such a "prank" on an 83 year old goes well beyond stupidity and is mean.
  3. montrealkaren posted on 08/02/2014 01:21 AM
    I love the show and am always amused at the pranks, but felt this was inevitably bound to happen. Should have judged age of pranked person i guess. My daughter and i wanted to do stuff like this for a "vine" video. I suppose a bad reaction can give legal recourse. Very curious on outcome.
  4. Paul posted on 08/02/2014 11:18 AM
    I hope she wins her lawsuit, there is nothing funny about pretending to injure or kill a baby.
  5. PSmith posted on 08/03/2014 02:37 PM
    Why do people think it's ok to play tricks on other people? Pranks are cruel, period. What is fun about embarrassing or humiliating another person, or even worse something like this where a person is tricked into thinking they were responsible for injuring someone else? I can completely understand if this woman felt traumatized. Shame on these people. Every time I have fallen upon these Just For Laughs gag shows on TV I feel myself cringing as I fumble for the remote to change the channel. Disgusting sadists.
  6. Gerry posted on 09/06/2014 08:19 PM
    I'm disgusted by the number of people saying this woman should win a lawsuit. What is this? The United States? If it gets to the point where people who get offended have the right to sue in Canada, I may have to find another country in which to to live.