The trial for a former RE/MAX real estate agent accused of sexually assaulting a client is underway at the Laval court house. It started Monday.
Andre Diotte, 41, is accused of sexually assaulting his client while completing a home evaluation. He had been referred by the client's lawyer when she needed the appraisal for her divorce.
In the court room Tuesday, the victim, who cannot be named, said the first home evaluation went well.
But December 1, 2011, while completing a second home evaluation, that he said was necessary, Diotte allegedly forced his victim to have sexual relations.
After receiving a warrant, Laval police trapped Diotte by recording a phone conversation whereby the victim called him claiming to have a sexually transmitted disease.
In the 27 minute conversation, played in the court room Tuesday, Diotte repeatedly apologizes. He says it was a mistake and it's the "first time he does something like this." That he "lost control of his emotions" and "didn't mean to hurt her."
"I act that way with my partner, with my ex, we have fun," he adds.
"But I didn't want to," the victim replies.
When the victim asks why he thanked her after the act, he says "because I enjoyed myself."
That recording led to his arrest in January 2012.
The victim will be questioned by the defence lawyer on Wednesday.